BlockExplorer News Editorial Policy
BlockExplorer News endeavors to put objectivity and fairness as well as responsible and accurate reporting to any content produced by our staff. We are committed to these 6 key points whether we are breaking news from our own sources or reviewing and corroborating information from outside sources.
- The editorial team will cover news with impartiality and integrity, without influence of BlockExplorer’s owners.
- Disclosure guidelines: All BlockExplorer News editorial team members and freelance writers are required to disclose any then current investments or involvement with blockchain technology and cryptocurrency activities including but not limited to consulting, employment, and trading in every published article.
- BlockExplorer does not and will not accept payment in return for publishing news articles, features or product reviews.
- BlockExplorer does not and will not pay for source access or tips.
- BlockExplorer, as an organization, does not take positions on the investment value on any given cryptocurrency or blockchain project, though our staff and contributors may express their own views on such matters both on and off the site.
- BlockExplorer News staff and contributors are not in any way restricted from owning or investing in cryptocurrencies or blockchain technology projects though they must disclose their involvement and holdings in accordance with our disclosure guidelines.
Guidelines are subject to review and change.
BlockExplorer Ownership and Independence
BlockExplorer is a subsidiary of London Trust Media (“LTM”). LTM invests in cryptocurrencies and has ownership stakes in a number of startups and projects in the blockchain technology space. A full list can be obtained here.
Since being acquired by LTM in 2017, BlockExplorer has established an independent media arm. BlockExplorer maintains strict policies on editorial independence, journalistic integrity, and overall transparency. These commitments to our readers and staff are detailed on this page.
No members of LTM have oversight, influence, or final say over editorial operations. On the other side of the coin, BlockExplorer staff are not privy to non-public information of LTM’s ownership of cryptocurrencies. BlockExplorer staff does not provide advance information to LTM regarding editorial content.
Readers should be aware that to the extent our content affects the trading volume or value of cryptocurrencies discussed on our site, those effects may impact LTM’s investment results.